MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Load data infile - One error after the other
Posted by: A B
Date: June 26, 2018 10:56AM

The restrictive standard configuration of the MySql server even at the localhost is very bad.

I have to insert several million records. To do this record by record there is a progress of 6 to 18 per second. To make a long statement with a lot of insert values takes forever too. The next restriction occured, 'max size 17 mb'. A table import via the Workbench assistant takes a few days.

I tried to configure 'secure-file-priv' and to restart the server. To configure that correctly it took me a lot of time. Then I still had to choose the standard path 'C:/ProgramData...' because of 'Permission denied'. The next stumbling stone is 'ERROR 1406 (22001): Data too long for column 'Id' at row 1'. At least the table assistant can handle the records but the import is incredibly slow.

How can I fix that? What will come next after fixing that issue? There is one stumbling stone after the other. It seems the server can not handle to put itself in the shoes of the user. Every deviation from a certain schema leads to an error. The server should be able to correct commonly made and easy to fix deviations instead of throwing an error.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Load data infile - One error after the other
A B
June 26, 2018 10:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.