MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Can't start server but no errors being thrown?
Posted by: George Fawn
Date: July 19, 2019 03:55AM

Hi there! I installed a Windows MySQL Server (v. 5.7) a while ago and was having no problems with it. Recently, however, when I go to start it using the "mysqld" command on the command line, the command processes but nothing happens and the server doesn't turn on. I checked the .err log in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data, but nothing new has logged there.

This happened the other day and I was able to fix it by opening the Windows Installer program and clicking "reconfigure" next to the server. I went through the wizard and it fixed the issue, but when I tried to turn my server on again today the same problem is happening again. I don't want to have to go through "reconfigure" wizard every single time I turn on my server, so what is the correct fix for this?

I was hoping people could help me find places where errors might be being logged so I can narrow down what the cause of this issue is. Plus I am also hoping to find some help in fixing it. Thanks! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.