MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

NEW DB to use
Posted by: Joshua Maurer
Date: March 15, 2024 09:10AM

Hello World!

I am looking to build and actual use a DB. In the past I have stood up the layout but the actual usage gets lost do to interface usage. I end up with large weird excel files and ready to move into the real world.

To understand, looking to stand up a small db that has a table with date time subject and the initial note with new record updates would be in the second table with a button to post updates. Someone calls, create the initial record save. They call back, select the record have a button to add note the save. Next day do a query to look at my call log and status. Seems simple.

The (2) problems I am having.
1. Cant see it. How do I connect, join records so that each update note is associated. (I understand this but need to create a tiny db to understand. The id Primary Key and Index part is putting me through a loop. )
2. Can I create an HTML5 page that will connect to the db easily or am I dreaming?

Are there any videos or good guides out there on this already? Once I get started on this little piece I am sure I will need to create more functions to make it work better so the learning will have to advance as I grow into this suit.

Thank you for any help in advanced.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
NEW DB to use
March 15, 2024 09:10AM
March 18, 2024 02:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.