Changing Charset in Existing Tables
Posted by: Mark Moore
Date: April 21, 2005 12:09AM

Hi - please please help if you can...

I'm beyond frustration now with this problem, so if anyone has any idea what might help, I'd be so grateful!

I know very little about mysql. My webspace uses MySQL 4.1.8-nt and I installed phpMyAdmin 2.6.1 to control it.

It's also on a windows server.

I installed the e-learning application Moodle on it a month back, and I've had an ongoing problem where if you post any message and put 2 spaces in the message, it cuts the text off after the space.

I've learnt from moodle users that it's because the default charset in my tables is being set to utf8, whereas if it was set to latin1 it would be fine.

So my problem I guess is - how do I alter the charset to latin1 now everything is installed? (I don't want to lose any data in my database).

Please help me solve this one if you can, I'm trying to attract people to my course and they're complaining! It's really damaging my business and I'm near to giving up with Moodle. Would really appreciate any help whatsoever,

Many thanks,

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Changing Charset in Existing Tables
April 21, 2005 12:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.