Re: behaviour of latin1 in mysql
Posted by: madhur garg
Date: April 19, 2021 12:26PM

Is it dependent on mysql client??. I am experiencing different behavior with different clients such as php, java.

Well I am facing below problem:

I am using mysql 5.7, with all default server settings/ charset as latin1, but the tables created have charset as utf8

I have php application which uses system charset which is latin1 and all insertion/ fetching is working perfectly fine.
Recently around a week back, we have moved few of the code base to java micro-service where encoding set is utf8.
Now the problem is that for the same table, I have data in both utf8 and latin1 and whenever I fetch the data with opposite charset I get junked data.

Please suggest me how can I update the data to 1 charset without any downtime. I have around 2T of data.

Also, what is the recommended parameters/settings/charset I should use to avoid such discrepancy in future.

Thanks,
Madhur

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
April 19, 2021 01:48AM
April 19, 2021 08:11AM
Re: behaviour of latin1 in mysql
April 19, 2021 12:26PM
April 19, 2021 07:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.