Character set 'gbk' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml' file
Posted by: jeff jeff
Date: June 23, 2006 10:25AM

my operate system is freebsd 6.0
i configure my mysql-5.0.22 with
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-charset=latin1 --with-extra-charsets=armscii8,ascii,big5,cp1250,cp1251,cp1256,cp1257,cp850,cp852,cp866,cp932,dec8,eucjpms,euckr,gb2312,gbk,geostd8,greek,hebrew,hp8,keybcs2,koi8r,koi8u,latin1,latin2,latin5,latin7,macce,macroman,sjis,swe7,tis620,ucs2,ujis,utf8

then when we finish my install ,i user the command
"mysqldump -uroot -p --default-character-set=gbk --skip-opt --databases ktkj --tables cdb_members > cdb_members.sql"
to dump my mydatabase .
but cause the error
"mysqldump: Character set 'gbk' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml' file "

when i change the default-character-set=gbk to default-character-set=latin1 ,it work well..

who can tell how to resolve the problem .think you everyone;

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Character set 'gbk' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml' file
June 23, 2006 10:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.