Re: Migrating real world complex schema from Oracle 9i
Posted by: Michael Judd
Date: May 25, 2005 07:03AM

Hi,

As a practical example that we can all work with, I'm looking in to porting Compiere (Open Source ERP) based on Oracle 9i to MySQL 5. (As I've been working with Compiere for over 4 years)

It meets the criteria as a complex oracle database but has undergone some refactoring lately to make it easier to migrate. The first is that all of the triggers have been moved in to workflow and hence eliminated from the database and the functions are now in SQLJ format. Am I correct in saying there is no SQLJ translator for MySQL 5 yet? Is there one planned - is someone working on it?

The other issues are obviously data type mappings and embedded views.

The MySQL migration tool doesn't seem to handle sequences, so I dropped them before migration to address manually at the end. However, the migration fails with a: "The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 10008)." and "The function did not return an object"

Any ideas what to do next?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.