Re: Automatically Migrate from Access to MySQL
Posted by: DJ McClain
Date: November 28, 2005 04:02PM

Well, one would think that I would pay more attention to this thread since I still haven't gotten it to work wouldn't you?

Michael, it doesn't matter that the existing schema gets dropped. I have several tables in an access database that are updated every hour. All I'm trying to do is basically migrate the entire database over to mysql once the update is complete. Now, it is certainly possible that I'm just a dope and can't quite figure this command line stuff out (likely even). What I've tried is this: I've run the migration and then saved the migration script (in the lua folder) and named it something like migrateSchedule.lua. Then, opened up a command prompt, and drill down to the c:\program files\mysql\mysql migration toolkit 1.0 folder and tried executing it like this, grtsh -x migrateSchedule.lua. When I do this, I get this error:

** (process:4048): WARNING **: error executing lua module ./lua\migrateSchedule.
lua: ./lua\migrateSchedule.lua:8: attempt to index global `Migration' (a nil val
ue)

Clearly, I am doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DJ

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.