Re: Mass MSAccess to MySQL db conversions
Posted by: Sebastien Caisse
Date: February 22, 2006 08:47AM

I no longer use it but from memory, there's an option you can select for it not to recreate the structures.

Once you've done this and are in the last step, save the lua script.

Then create a simple shortcut which runs the lua script against the MT (in the proper folder or it fails - again from memory).

Now if you want a *single* click on that, then put the icon in the QuickLaunch bar...

[Edit]
Now just to make sure I didn't say anything out of place, here are the details:

- To transfer data only, when in the "Object Mapping" step, press the "Advanced" button and check the "Do not drop exisiting Data" checkbox. (This option, I beleive, was added around MT 1.0.18 so make sure you have the latest version of MT - It's also selected by default - at least in 1.0.23).

- To save the "migration script" (rather then the migration data at this instant), when in the "Summary" step screen, press the "Generate Migration Script" button and save the script under a known file name.

- To create the shortcut, select the lua script and drag and Ctrl-Shift-drop it somewhere (or right-click and select "Create Shotcut"), then right-click on the shortcut, select properties (Alt-Enter for short).
Edit the "Target" property, and prepend it to the MT installation grtsh executable using the -x (exit) option eg:
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.0\grtsh.exe" -x C:\test.lua
Edit the "Start in" textbox and but the MT path in it eg:
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.0"

I actually took the time and tested this and it works fine.
- XP Pro sp2, MySQL 5.0.18, MS Access 2003 sp2, MT 1.23

[Edit 2]
Just noticed that you meant 30 *different* databases.

Just create a batch file with the multiple scripts top run:
CD /D "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.0"
grtsh.exe -x C:\test.lua
grtsh.exe -x C:\test2.lua
:: and so on...

Create shortcut on batch file instead of on lua script - though with the first line of the batch file being the "CD /D", you don't care much about the "Target in" value. Hope I don't have to go in details for the QuickLaunch tip too...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2006 09:34AM by Sebastien Caisse.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Mass MSAccess to MySQL db conversions
February 22, 2006 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.