new and confused
Posted by: Sasha F.
Date: April 06, 2006 03:35PM

I'm making my first forray into the world of MySQL and am getting hung up at the migration stage. I am trying to do a test run of migrating an Access database used for my forums to a MySQL database. I have a backup of the Access db that I'm working with and have made all the necessary changes.

I downloaded MySQL 4.1 because that is what my web host is using, so it seemed logical to play with the same version I'm going to be dealing with. In starting to do a test migration I'm running up against the wall when I get to the Target Database and the Help file doesn't tell me much. Should I have already created a blank database? How do I do that?

The Host Name, User Name and Password are what I'm not understanding. I did put in a password during set up of 4.1 but have no idea what the Host Name or User Name should be. I've tried using my computer name as the Host and admin as a password, but no dice. The connection to my source dbase and schema seem fine, it is access to the target where I'm getting error messages.

So, I'm lost right out of the gate here...

Any help would be great!

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
new and confused
April 06, 2006 03:35PM
April 06, 2006 03:39PM
April 06, 2006 06:01PM
April 06, 2006 06:12PM
April 06, 2006 08:52PM
April 06, 2006 09:22PM
April 07, 2006 12:25PM
April 08, 2006 09:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.