MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Attaching a single partition to MySql on another server
Posted by: Mirek K
Date: November 29, 2011 11:41AM

Hi All,
First a bit of background. I have a huge partitioned INNODB table (daily partitions - size of 50GB each) where say only few last days need to be online/available. I would like to have the rest archived some other place on a cheap storage and to be able to restore older days on another MySql server if requested.

The general idea is that before dropping the old partitions from the primary servers I would copy them to an archive server where they would be attached to MySQL db when requested. Is there any way to do that with MySql 5.1?

Any idea how to solve this? Note that the daily data archive/restore is kind of an operational procedure which I should be eventually able to automate (based on a request via a GUI). I will need to keep the data for at least last 5 years (a tape) while the last year should be available via that procedure.

Many Thanks!
Mirek

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Attaching a single partition to MySql on another server
November 29, 2011 11:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.