MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Storing, accessing and configuring my partitions in diferent servers
Posted by: Victor Bombella
Date: May 23, 2014 11:54PM

Hi everybody.

I have some questions about accessing to different data base partitions in different MySQL server in the same PC.

I have a Data Base partitioned, and I know where the .frm .par .MYD and .MYI files are.

The problem is:

1. I need to run varios MySQL server, one for each partition (Someone told me that I can get running various MySQL server with different port number, but I'm not sure about how to do that) :/

2. Each server will have one data base partition, so, when I make a request or an update to the data base, each server must "answer" with the information of its partition.

i.e. I have a "person" table and I partitioned it by range, so:

In server1 I want to have persons that are 10 - 20 years old
In server2 I want to have persons that are 21 - 30 years old
In server3 I want to have a person that are 31 - ... years old

Then, when I do update the information or make a request, each servers should work according to its information.

So, my question is how I need to configure each server?

I've been searching for information but everybody explains how to create partitioned tabled, but not how to storage and configure the server :/

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my poor english.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Storing, accessing and configuring my partitions in diferent servers
May 23, 2014 11:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.