MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Partitioning on account_id
Posted by: Ketil Stadskleiv
Date: October 13, 2014 02:54PM

Hi,

I am trying to read up on on real guidelines for partition on MySQL, but I am having a hard time finding a lot of good information. I have a small SaaS based application (single server, SSD disk, not very large database, 1K - 300K rows per table, but expect 10x increase over a couple of years).

Most tables have an account_id that assigns data to an account, and the system never allows any query to contain more than one account.

So, in theory it makes sense to me that a partition on account_id would be beneficial (although maybe limited before the volume increases). Is there someone out there that could help me understand:

- If my assumption sounds correct, that partitioning on account_id should be a good thing?
- If there are any potential down sides to doing this (even if the up-side might be small)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Partitioning on account_id
October 13, 2014 02:54PM
October 14, 2014 06:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.