MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

No records shown when more than one result
Posted by: Toby Mathews
Date: February 23, 2009 09:39AM

Hi there,

Having used full-text indexing in SQL Server I'm now trying to get to grips with MySql's implementation; at the moment I'm stumped by a weird result though. I'm creating/populating my table like this:

CREATE TABLE homepage (my_text TEXT,
my_other_text TEXT,
id INT NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY(id)) ENGINE = MyISAM;
ALTER TABLE homepage ADD FULLTEXT(my_text, my_other_text);

insert into homepage select '<p>My investment in a global barndance program continues', '<p>The Inner Zone provides a source of team information, press releases and sponsorship', null;
insert into homepage select '<p>My investment in a global barndance program continues', '<p>The Inner Zone provides a source of team information, releases sponsorship', null;
insert into homepage select '<p>My investment in a global barndance program continues', '<p>The Inner Zone provides a source of team information, press releases and', null;

If I then do:

SELECT * from homepage where match(my_text, my_other_text) against('sponsorship');

I get no results. If, however, I remove the word 'sponsorship' from the second INSERT I do get a single result from that SELECT.

This doesn't seem like the expected behaviour to me, but maybe I'm missing something - is anyone able to shed any light of this?!

Thanks,

Toby

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
No records shown when more than one result
February 23, 2009 09:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.