MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Clustering - handling MySQL server failures
Posted by: Dustin Cloues
Date: September 15, 2004 03:07PM

I'm working on setting up mysql clustering. We have two dedicated database servers, and we want to set them up so that our application can continue uninterrupted if one fails. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the MySQL clustering to decide what is the best solution. Our application can not use the NDB API directly; instead, it must connect to a MySQL server which should use the cluster for storage.

Both database servers will be storage nodes in the cluster. We have a router that can provide load balancing / failover, and I'm thinking that the best solution is to set up a MySQL instance on each db server (so each computer will be a storage node and an api client). Either one of the servers could be the management server.

Is there any better way to implement this? I've looked over every piece of documentation that I can find and it seems like it is, but since I don't have any experience with MySQL clustering, I don't know for sure. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin Cloues

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Clustering - handling MySQL server failures
September 15, 2004 03:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.