MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Multiple instances of mysql on same server - install issues
Posted by: Joseph Norris
Date: November 18, 2013 09:24AM

Greetings to all,

For testing purposes I am attempting to install multiple instances of mysql running as master slave on the same server.

All the references to doing this ( at least the ones I found ) dicuss using ./configure --prefix= so as to have multiple installs using different ports which I have done before way back in 4.xx days.

However 5.1 ( the version I need to use ) does not follow this practice. I have attempted creating versions of my.cf and restart existant server aiming at this new cf but I get mysqlmanager errors. I have attempted to use the parameters for mysql_install_db and this has created the new directories but I can not get a secondary mysql daemon running.

Can someone direct me to clear instructions on how to do this so that I can get my testing of master/slave replication up and running on one physical server.

I am doing all of this work on Centos 5.9

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 09:26AM by Joseph Norris.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.