MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Install MySQL SERVER
Posted by: Ibrahim Ali
Date: November 06, 2020 04:52PM

Hi Mark,

thanks for your answer.

when i tried to use the noinstall package it gave me problems as dlls were missing, i used the windows installer and installed mysql on windows server 2019, using full and dedicated server mode.

through the workbench networking configurations I added the bind address string and I managed to reach it through another client, trying to connect via command line on ubuntu using mysql -u USER -h MYSQL HOST -p and I tried to install nextcloud on a other client using the ip of the machine where mysql is configured as hostname.

I have 2 questions for you:

on machine 1 with ip *. *. *. 54 ce the mysql server manageable with workbench.

on machine 2 with ip *. *. *. 65 c and phpmyadmin to manage the server via web.

on machine 2 if I go to the phpmyadmin config.inc.php file and enter the ip of machine 1 as the server address, I can reach it via http: // machine2 / phpmyadmin, then the server is reachable only in lan.

my intention was to have nextcloud on lan and Guacamole on AWS or AZURE, can you tell me how to make the server reachable from the outside via a domain that redirects to the server on port 3306 or via the router's public ip?

in addition I wanted to know if it is possible to specify the size of the database for example to allow the guest user access to the test01 database with 1GB capacity and if you have any guide or advice to apply to the configuration to make it perform as on linux.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
November 04, 2020 12:57PM
November 05, 2020 03:59AM
Re: Install MySQL SERVER
November 06, 2020 04:52PM
November 07, 2020 01:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.