MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Re: Select last row that is less than or equal to a date
Posted by: Øystein Grøvlen
Date: February 01, 2013 06:03AM

My guess is that for some reason the MySQL server has decided during execution to divert from the original plan and then uses a temporary table for sorting. I would consider that a bug, and I think that several such issues have been fixed in MySQL 5.6.

Since I usually install from source, I am not an expert on how to install MySQL binaries. However, I think one do not have to uninstall 5.5 in order to install 5.6, but it depends on how you want to install it. I guess if you install a package that comes with a Linux distribution or use a Windows installer, it will, at least by default, replace older versions. However, I think it will work to download a tar distribution, unzip it, make a copy of your current my.cnf file, and within it set basedir to point to the 5.6 installation, and start the 5.6 mysqld program with option --defaults-file=<your modified my.cnf>

If you have problems installing 5.6, you can instead create a bug report and upload a reproducible test case, and we will look into it.

Øystein Grøvlen,
Senior Principal Software Engineer,
MySQL Group, Oracle,
Trondheim, Norway

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Select last row that is less than or equal to a date
February 01, 2013 06:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.