MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Ruby

Re: Comprehensive Instructions (?) : CORRECTLY Installing AND MAINTAINING mysql Ruby Gem installations ON ANY SYSTEM
Posted by: Sherman T
Date: May 20, 2010 04:49PM

Thanks for this very detailed set of instructions and I have a very similar configuration as you. I am however still getting the dreaded "uninitialized constant MysqlCompat::MysqlRes" error even after trying to do this:

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" gem install mysql --no-rdoc --no-ri -- --with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

Doing a "which mysql" confirms that I am in the right ballpark as to the directory the mysql_config was supposed to be in (the same as yours). I even tried to be a bit more specific:

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" gem install --no-rdoc --no-ri mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql --with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

I did remember to cd to the gem directory, and I did remember to full uninstall all mysql gems.

Any more hints as to what I can check?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.