MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Online docs not searching well
Posted by: Dimitriy Alekseyev
Date: May 26, 2010 12:45PM

I would like to revisit the topic about MySQL online documentation. The original post was dated June 13, 2006 07:00PM at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?12,96173,96173#msg-96173 and has the same title.

Now, a few years later, I am still seeing issues with online documentation searching. It has gotten a tiny bit better, if you search for "create table syntax", it does return it as a second result, "show create table syntax" being the first result. I would expect the results to be reversed, but this is very minor. Now if you try to search for "create table", the first result is in French titled "Syntaxe de SHOW CREATE TABLE" and the second result is "The MEMORY (HEAP) Storage Engine". Only the above 2 results are shown, this is despite having English selected as the language and return 10 results per page option selected. Although there is an option at the bottom to repeat search with omitted results to be shown next time. The above searches were done in MySQL 5.0 documentation.

So could there be further improvements in online documentation searches?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 12:52PM by Dimitriy Alekseyev.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Online docs not searching well
May 26, 2010 12:45PM
July 29, 2010 03:22AM
July 30, 2010 04:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.