Naming conventions for one-to-many tables and pivots
Posted by: Maksym Cierzniak
Date: November 02, 2013 07:33PM

I would like to get some opinions since I am thinking about creating structure for my new application and I am struggling with names for tables so I thought maybe you can give me some ideas. App has users and users can create projects while projects can have multiple keywords. So users are in one-to-many relationship with projects and projects are in many-to-many relationships with tags.

So having table `users` I suppose projects table should be `users_projects`. But what about keywords? Should it be `users_projects_keywords` ? And what about pivot table since I think it is kinda bad to name it like `users_projects_to_users_projects_keywords` or something like that.

Basically what are standards for naming one-to-many tables and pivot tables which join two tables like for example user_projects and project_keywords or similiar.
I would be grateful for a tips.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Naming conventions for one-to-many tables and pivots
November 02, 2013 07:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.