MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Re: Connection pooling trouble with multiple users
Posted by: Jesper Juhl
Date: August 27, 2007 02:48AM

If we ignore the possible security implications, then yes, I believe that would work for me. If the proxy has enough information to be able to authenticate a connection with the backend itself, then that should give me what I need.
If I could look at each pooled connection to see what user auth'ed it and then if there is no connection belonging to the user I need, open up a new connection with that users name & password and use that - yeah, that should work.

As for using clear-text passwords; naturally that has to be done in order for the proxy to be able to intercept the passwords, but it puts a lot of clear text passwords on the wire which makes me pretty uncomfortable - especially as this is not an environment where I can trust the users.

This problem could be solved if the proxy was to support SSL so that we could send the clear-text passwords over an encrypted connection. But that then presents a new problem in that I would then need all my users to change how they connect to their database, but at least having the option would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Connection pooling trouble with multiple users
August 27, 2007 02:48AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.