MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Frustration with Workbench - like it but frustrated
Posted by: Dave Smith
Date: March 14, 2009 10:00AM

Hi,

Can I ask if anyone has got the forward engineering feature to work on shared hosting?
I posted previously on this subject and never really got a resolution as to why I'm having so many problems so I just want to know if any other users (ideally UK based) have got it working with their shared hosting account. Therefore they can go to forward enginner, it connects up to their accoutn and created the DB.

This really would be great if I could get it to work. If you have got it to work, what Hosting provider are you using?

My current host has upgraded to MySQL5 for me and have helped as much as they can. Connection is always the issue however I can connect from scripts fine.
Even when I take the generated script to use and manually run in PHPMyAdmin, I still have to always edit the script first.

For example. the Forward engineer might create the following code at the SQL Script window (just a snippet of one table)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mydb`.`example` (
`example_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,
`example_name` VARCHAR(45) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY (`example_id`) )
ENGINE = InnoDB
COMMENT = 'An example table';

To get this code to work in PhPMyAdmin, I have to delete the `mydb`. part.

Is there not a way to get it to create the code without that part in the first place? Or am I doing something very stupid?

Although I as very excited when I found Workbench and immedietly paid the money to have the semi commercial version I do feel like it's hard to get real support and am starting to wish I had purchased a true commercial software package to handle this. But maybe this is just just a bit of frustration coming through.

Thanks for any input.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Frustration with Workbench - like it but frustrated
March 14, 2009 10:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.