MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

workbench feature request for error messages
Posted by: mark edwards
Date: April 21, 2010 10:45AM

hello all -

first off, up front, let me say this idiot LOVES the new workbench! this is one of the most valuable tools i have ever used. i now rank workbench right below firefox as my most valuable tools.

unlike everybody else, my complicated queries rarely works the first time. and i usually get some syntax error message.

when this happens, i have to "drag" the column-separator bar between "Action" and "Response" to see what my error is. and i have to do this every time. is there any way the "Response" can be opened up more so at least i can mouse-over it and see the error?

and while on the subject, when i query "show create table BlahBlah" its pretty hard to read the results on a longer table. i have to RIGHT-CLICK and select "Copy field content" then go into vi and paste it in order to read it.

and what happened to my swimming dolphin indicating database processing activity?

thank you,
mark edwards

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
workbench feature request for error messages
April 21, 2010 10:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.