MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Issue creating export (backups)
Posted by: Howard Brown
Date: March 20, 2016 02:40PM

When I try exporting using mysqldump.exe while running MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE, I get a messaging saying "mysqldump Version Mismatch; mysqldump.exe is version 5.7.9, but the MySQL Server to dump has version 5.7.11." The message goes on to say that some features may not backup properly and that it is recommended that I upgrade my local MySQL client, and mysqldump to a version newer than that of the target server.

I just downloaded the Workbench and MySQL from the official MySQL download site four days ago. The download files are: mysql-workbench-community-6.3.6-winx64.msi and mysql-installer-community-5.7.11.0.msi. I first installed the workbench and then ran the mysql-installer. I am using the MySQL Server to host my local copy of Wordpress and felt that the Workbench might not be enough, so installed the server, too.

Why is the mysqldump.exe file out of date? Why is there nothing on the forum, when I searched for mysqldump? How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Issue creating export (backups)
March 20, 2016 02:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.