MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Unable to establish working my.cnf on MySQL 8
Posted by: Jason Witherspoon
Date: August 31, 2018 03:46PM

I'm on Mac OS X 10.13.6. I had a devil of a time getting a working my.cnf file on MySQL 5.7, but was eventually able to do it using MySQLWorkbench.

Sadly, that's no longer an option as touching pretty much anything in Options File of MySQLWorkbench 8.0.12 results in "Unhandled exception: 'Box' object has no attribute 'cfg_be'".

From the wailing & gnashing of teeth in my online searches, I've managed to extract a few non-working tips: change owner of my.cnf to _mysql; make sure it isn't world-readable.

The mere presence of /etc/my.cnf causes my community server (also 8.0.12) to fail to start (in the Preference pane it flashes green then goes red; if I remove the offending my.cnf file it switches to green w/o me even needing to restart the server).

Any tips? I mean, just getting past the new MySQLWorkbench bug would probably get me there, if I can remember how I got it working w/the Workbench in 5.7.

Many thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unable to establish working my.cnf on MySQL 8
August 31, 2018 03:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.