MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Re: mysqldump can not be restored
Posted by: Oli Sennhauser
Date: November 30, 2010 01:07AM

Hi Franz-Josef,

I assume, that the server-side max_allowed_packet size is too small. See the following example:

shell> mysql -uroot --max_allowed_packet=128M
mysql> show session variables like '%packet%';
+--------------------+---------+
| Variable_name | Value |
| max_allowed_packet | 1048576 |

shell> show global variables like '%packet%';
| Variable_name | Value |
| max_allowed_packet | 1048576 |

See also this:

"When you change the message buffer size by changing the value of the max_allowed_packet variable, you should also change the buffer size on the client side if your client program permits it. On the client side, max_allowed_packet has a default of 1GB. Some programs such as mysql and mysqldump enable you to change the client-side value by setting max_allowed_packet on the command line or in an option file."

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_max_allowed_packet

For you I assume, it is just the other way around.

If it is not. Then try to make the value on both sides just a bit bigger. I think there were some bugs in older releases...

One fundamental thing you missed is doing regular test restores. Otherwise you would have found this already earlier.

Best regards,
Oli
--
www.fromdual.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 27, 2010 03:31PM
Re: mysqldump can not be restored
November 30, 2010 01:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.