MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Recover deleted tables?
Posted by: Jeffrey G
Date: August 17, 2011 01:43AM

First of all, I've been thrown into deep water by my employer, expected that he had taken care of making backups of the server etc. I'm no programmer, not sysadmin etc so everything I do I have to find out myself with Google etc.

Now, I had setup a Windows server and apparently I didn't secure it enough - we got hacked. Everything deleted including the databases. One was from a website I have a backup from and was not yet being used, the other one was from an issue tracker and that really sucks.

So I went searching and found the following:
http://mysqlbugs.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-undelete-rows-from-fixed-length.html

What I'm wondering is, will this work if everything is already gone including the tables? I'm asking cause it will cost me time to find out how that works and don't wanna do it for nothing.

I haven't found anything more than that so assuming I'm properly f***ed if that doesn't work? Or is there another way?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover deleted tables?
August 17, 2011 01:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.