MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Restore 'mysql' db dump in ndbcluster environment shows errors while restoring system database 'mysql'.
Posted by: piyush nagar
Date: December 24, 2012 03:19AM

Hi ,

I have very urgent questions related to backup/restores of databases in a node of ndbcluster environment.

I used mysqldump to backup all the databases. it got successful. Now when i try to restores those db dumps, i see the error in restoring 'mysql' system database.

here are the results:

[root@IfxLinux mysql-cluster]# mysql < /tmp/my.sql
ERROR 1036 (HY000) at line 386: Table 'ndb_apply_status' is read only

error says 'ndb_apply_status' table is read only and restore halts.

even dropping 'mysql' database shows error:
system command = /usr/bin/mysql -u backup --socket=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/mysql.sock -e 'FLUSH PRIVILEGES;drop database `mysql`;' out err = ERROR 1051 (42S02) at line 1: Unknown table 'ndb_apply_status'.

Please help and advise how to resolve this. We are able to restore all other databases apart from 'mysql' database from a dump. Is there any way to drop 'ndb_apply_status' table and recreate it manually later after restore completes?

#Note: we don't want to use start backup and ndb_restore programs.

Since we are in urgency.
Any kind of help is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Restore 'mysql' db dump in ndbcluster environment shows errors while restoring system database 'mysql'.
December 24, 2012 03:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.