MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Unhandled exception, Access violation reading location "adress"
Posted by: Robert Diebels
Date: September 04, 2010 01:03PM

Hi all,

Today I've been busy trying to get Connector/C++ to work with Visual Studio 2008 on my Windows Vista machine.

After a while of searching I found the following article:http://blog.ulf-wendel.de/?p=215#vs_project .

This article solved my issues getting the Visual C++ project to build except for one thing.
I got an error which stated that it couldn't find "libmySQL.dll". After some searching on the internet I found a solution for that and placed that file in windows/system32.
Windows came up with a warning that I would be needing admin rights to do this. So I gave it permission.

After building again it builded perfectly fine. But I got a exception while the program was running. Which is stated in the subject of the post.

I thought it was because the program needed some kind of admin rights and removed the dll from the system32 folder. AFterwards I placed the dll in my working folder and it could still find the dll.

I rebuilded, it builded fine but I got the same exception during runtime again.
I get the exception at this perticular line of code:

con = driver->connect("tcp://127.0.0.1:3306", "root", "root");

Now I could be wrong but my guess is that either the password or the username is wrong. Even though I've tried every combination I could think of.

It could be that the service is not running or something. Which I checked and it is running.

What's left is that the port number is wrong or the connect method cannot get trough the firewall or something. The first one is correct because I reconfigured the server to be sure it is, the last I cannot rule out yet.

So most likely the problem is something I have absolutely no clue about. If this turns out to not work I'll try out NetBeans C++ with the controller.

Here's the full exception:"Unhandled exception at 0x65d2b9f0 in test.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcccccccc"

It's always the same exception.

Could you help me out?

Thanks in advance, Robert.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unhandled exception, Access violation reading location "adress"
September 04, 2010 01:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.