MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Deploying C++ Connector to linux. Painful or not?
Posted by: John Reska
Date: July 25, 2014 08:35AM

Hello,

I just started using C++ connector, but I must admit, that the deploying it under Visual Studio 2013 was a really painful experience. (The package with built binaries didn't work due it being linked against MSVCP90D and MSVCR90D which are debug libraries) so I had to build it myself. Which wasn't exactly as easy I expected either (errors).

The problem is, that at some point the application will need to be built under linux. If the process of deploying the package on linux is as counterproductive as on Windows MSVC, then it might be easier for me to just write my own simple C++ wrapper and use raw MySQL C API.
I mean look at the boost libraries. Building them is as simple as setting OpenSSL and Zlib paths (which is optional anyways) and running a build script.

So again - the question is: Is it actually easier to deploy this cursed package on linux? Or there are tons of troubles too?

Thank you for your answers,

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Deploying C++ Connector to linux. Painful or not?
July 25, 2014 08:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.