MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

VS 2017 Community
Posted by: Steven Curtis
Date: September 19, 2017 03:51PM

So I have been revisiting C++ and started back using VS 2017 Community. So I decided to step out and try to connect to MySQL. Wow, this was not like using C# to setup.

So I followed the instructions downloaded Boost 1.65 and worked my way through the instructions to setup my project so that I could (hopefully) use MySQL in upcoming C++ projects.

So the first question I have is that it will not run and I haven't even tried to 'do' anything yet:

#include <iostream>
#include <mysql_connection.h>
#include <mysql_driver.h>
#include <mysql_error.h>

using namespace std;

void main() {
// create a connection
sql::mysql::MySQL_Driver *driver;
sql::Connection *con;

driver = sql::mysql::get_mysql_driver_instance();

system("PAUSE");
}

yields an intimidating list of errors starting with a bunch of:
"LINK2038 mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1800' doesn't match value '1900' in tester.obj (for MySQL_driver.obj on through a litany of other obj files)

The other question or concern I have is if I even get this working, will my users have to go through and install all of these dependencies as well or will I be able to deploy / copy the dll file for MySQL connector? I mean that would really be a tragic user experience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
VS 2017 Community
September 19, 2017 03:51PM
October 04, 2017 12:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.