MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Re: Warnings from IntelliSense. MYSQL C++/Connector Setup
Posted by: Rafal Somla
Date: July 06, 2020 04:24AM

Hi,

These warnings are from IntelliSense - we normally only ensure that our code does not generate any compiler warnings. Now, some of these IntelliSense warnings are valid improvement suggestions but some of them are either false positives or just an expression of the opinion of the creators of IntelliSense. For example the point 2 about using 'enum class' - while it might be a good idea in most cases, there are also cases where plain enum is a better choice and plain enums are still part of the C++ language. So I don't think we are going to fix that - we can look if the warning can be disabled for our code, but I am not sure if this is doable for IntelliSense ones. Warnings 3 and 4 we should eventually fix and 1 is most likely a false-positive.

From practical point of view, you should simply ignore these warnings for now. I realize they interfere with other warnings that might be important for your code, but there is not much we can do about it right now. Hopefully, you will see less of these generated from our code with each new release.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Warnings from IntelliSense. MYSQL C++/Connector Setup
July 06, 2020 04:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.