MySQL Installer doesn't honor previous program location selection
Posted by: Tom Smith
Date: March 31, 2012 11:37PM

I've been using MySQL under Windows 7 x64 for a while with good success, but I am having a problem with MySQL Installer: I typically reserve the C: drive for system-related programs and use the D: drive for programs, but MySQL Installer wants to put all updates on the C: drive.

I installed MySQL and related components on D: drive with no issue, but I've found that subsequent updates are erroneously installed on C: drive. I am given no means of specifying where updates are to be installed.

Is there a way around this? Can I use MySQL Installer and keep the programs on my D: drive? I have found that manual updates (using the MySQL Community Server installer, e.g., "mysql-5.5.22-winx64.msi") also try to install on the C: drive, even though it recognizes that it is upgrading a previous installation (which just happens to be on D: drive).

To update MySQL and components without having updates installed on C: drive, I must uninstall the previous version and then install the newer version, taking care to specify D: drive for the location.

Are any fixes planned for this C: drive oriented installer preference? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Installer doesn't honor previous program location selection
March 31, 2012 11:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.