MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MySQL for Excel 1.1.0 Connected but Excel document password protected
Posted by: craig nelson
Date: March 11, 2013 06:30PM

I'm connected to MySQL for Excel 1.1.0 and I am able to edit data and commit single items to the database succesfully.

I've got around 25k plus entries in one of the tables and I want to bulk ammend some of the entries and then commit the changes, this is when the message arrives saying the document is password protected, the sort feature in excel is also disabled as you would expect with a protected document.

Here's my ploblem:

# The excel document that connects with MySQL is password protected and I didn't set it and don't have a password to unlock the document, I've tried all the associated passwords i know but non of them work so i guess it's being set by mysql or excel.
# although the document is protected i can alter individual fields and commit to MySQL successfully. I need to unlock the Excel document whilst connected to MySQL so I can make lots of changes as required.

Any help would be appreciated.
Craig

After much deliberation I think when Excel is connected to MySql it is actually MySql that's being viewed which is why the filters aren't working, if I copy the data from the connection to a new workbook all the filters are available.

With that in mind i should be able to log into the MySql control panel apply sort at the db end and then view and edit etc using Excel.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 07:57PM by craig nelson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel 1.1.0 Connected but Excel document password protected
March 11, 2013 06:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.