MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Connecting to mySQL database where developer
Posted by: Paul McManus
Date: July 10, 2019 05:58PM

I'm new to mySQL (though proficient at writing SQL) and using the connector for Excel. I'm a financial analyst, not a developer so please excuse my ignorance if there is a simple answer.

Our company has recently had a data integration project completed by a contractor who, from what I can tell, uses the LAMP stack (implemented before I started). Connecting to the phpMyAdmin portal via the browser requires an HTTPAUTH challenge (username and password) plus the usual username/password for the phpMyAdmin portal login.

I am wanting to connect to this database using the Excel connector. I have installed this with no problems, however, having entered my parameters in the parameters tab when clicking 'new connection', the connection status is 'refusing connections'. Is there anything special I should know about connecting to a database with this setup? Would the database be on the same port as I see in the phpMyAdmin portal URL? What parameters should I be using in the mySQL connection screen?

I'm hesitant to go to the developer in the first instance as I don't particularly want to pay for assistance if this is an easy config issue on my end.

Thanks in advance. I understand I'm probably missing some information but as I said, I'm not a developer so assistance on what info I need and how to get it would also be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connecting to mySQL database where developer
July 10, 2019 05:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.