MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Shell

mysql 5.7 - Functions
Posted by: Clive Gwyther
Date: February 15, 2022 06:29AM

I am utilising the following:

Linux - Redhat 7.9
Mysql - 5.7 -- I know this is a little old but it is what we must use.

I have a database on one system that has been replicated on another syste,. So the Database, tables and data within the tables are good. What I am having a problem with is the moving of the Functions/Routines. I use the following command to achieve this:

mysqldump --routines --no-create-info --no-data --no-create-db --skip-opt <db_name > routines.sql

And then I import that into the db as follows:

mysql <db_name> < routines.sql

This is actually working okay. When I use the show functions status command, the new functions are there. The problem seems to be the encoding, perhaps.

For testing I have the following:

Centos running Steel Belted Radius - old system to be replaced
Freeradius 3.0.25 on Redhat 7.9 and mysql 5.7 - Replacement for old system
radclient - Utilised to test the Auth and accounting

When I test against the old system I always get "access-accept" returned, which is good.

Now, I configure the 2 x AUT files to point the sql requests to the new server (I have tested remote login and that is fine).

When I run a TCPdump on the new servers interface I see all the SQL requests coming in. The packets look good. However, the response from the new server seems to be trying to send every UTF type available in every language. Obviosuly this is not good and I always get a bad "access-reject".

So, am I utilising the mysqldump command correctly to get the Functions/Routines across correctly with UTF-8 and Latin1?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql 5.7 - Functions
February 15, 2022 06:29AM
February 15, 2022 06:32AM
February 15, 2022 10:02AM
February 15, 2022 11:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.