MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: my world just got complicated... onsite database / central database question
Posted by: Travis Hamrick
Date: November 09, 2006 10:27AM

So it would be a programming task instead of a database task? Or, are there applications out there built to handle this?

I do have some luck in that we do analysis of measurements, and not things like customer credit card transactions (the data is physical trial data, so the customer will not be in two places at once). And, you usually add new data, and not really edit old data that much. So, my current idea for an approach would be whoever signs up the customer first "owns" that customer, and when that customer is connected to the central server, we programatically send them data for customers they "own" that is collected at other sites, That data is entered into their database instead of the other-sites, and it replicates down to the central server. If there are conflicts, the "owner" handles them through accepting or rejecting a change.

Is this generally how it is done, or are there better (or more general) schemes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2006 10:46AM by Travis Hamrick.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: my world just got complicated... onsite database / central database question
November 09, 2006 10:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.