MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: full-text algorithm
Posted by: Bálint Hajduk
Date: April 20, 2018 07:02AM

Sorry for the late answer, i had things to do.
Thanks for the link, but i developed a full-text algorithm, not a parser. There is parser in it, but it's a small part of it. Also the program cannot be used as a plugin. I downloaded the source, and changed the direction from b-tree to mine code.
I made some programming to see clearer the working of my code (made 10% faster, found some error, etc.). The conclusion, if I'm not missing anything, that it can be 50-70% faster than b-tree.
The problem is, that it can take years to bulid it full working condition, and I have better thing to, like feed my family, so I don't have time to work for just fun.
Also there is a part of b-tree, which can be used in my code, and half the amount of the read blocks (and double the speed). I would not like to the develop something, that was already made.
So I assume you work for MySQL, because you answered a lot of question, and you can contact me to the developers, who can help me with my code, or finish my code, if they are interested.
I'm sure I will not finish it if nobody cares.
Otherwise my goal is to publish the algorithm, and I got promises from my university (I'm on msc), that they will help, but that was months ago, and they still don't help (it's a shitty university, my biggest mistake). So I need your help, that the algorithm does not disappear.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 05, 2018 09:14AM
March 05, 2018 10:23AM
March 05, 2018 12:42PM
March 05, 2018 03:21PM
Re: full-text algorithm
April 20, 2018 07:02AM
April 20, 2018 11:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.