MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

seeks function: copy complete field from tableA to tableB
Posted by: Jeff Sabarese
Date: December 30, 2005 01:55AM

what is the best way to copy all data from one field to another? i have several tables, each which all have identical num rows due to data populated from same list of items.

jay pipes, if you're other there, you're somewhat familiar w/ this one-- maybe you'll be glad to know that i finally removed my item codes from the field names and put them into their own field, as row values where they belong, as you've suggested all along ! ;)
(see phpbuilder URL below for a refresher)

i finally found an efficient, accurate way to transfer my CSV MS Excel data into my mysql tables. see here for the script that i wrote, which also shows a screen shot of the Excel Data vs its residence in the MySQL table. http://phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10314687

in the meantime, i settled on my item names, specifically bus-stop codes-- which i've changed since my original table creations-- so, although the tables already have values for each of these bus-stop code-names, i've changed the master code-names and i need to update those code-names in all of the relevant tables.

what would be the SQL to basically query MySQL to "take this field from table-A, and duplicate it into table-B, over writing the data which currently resides there"?

thanks!

-- -- -- --
Use CSS [ content:" ?? " ] for Unicode + Control Chars (e.g. newline, etc)... Gain understanding of Codepage, Charset, Encoding, Keymapping... Generate CSS and JavaScript on-the-fly with PHP... Tales from the Communications Dept @ NoviceNotes.Net

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
seeks function: copy complete field from tableA to tableB
December 30, 2005 01:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.