MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
Posted by: Richard
Date: April 22, 2008 12:41PM

Hello all,
I am getting this error "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction". When I get this error I am doing an INSERT into SELECT update.The update is into a MyISAM table with no activity and the select comes from joins of several Innodb tables. This is on a 5.1.22-rc server that is running as a replicated slave doing row based replication. At the time of the error the table is being updated through replication. Is there a way to avoid these errors by altering the "transaction_isolation" variable? It is currently set as "REPEATABLE-READ". I thought that with the REPEATABLE-READ the table(s) being SELECTed from would be versioned until the transaction making the changes to the Innodb tables completed. Hence, no lock timeouts. I am wrong, I just do not know why. Any help or pointers would be great.

Thanks,
Richard

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
April 22, 2008 12:41PM
April 23, 2008 08:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.