MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Cannot use innodb_buffer_pool great than 1,5Gb
Posted by: Josep Maria
Date: November 29, 2005 05:15AM

Hello, we habe a problem with the Innodb Configuration. Our server works with MySql 4.1.15 with Innodb tables, Windows 2003 Standar edition.The computer has 4 Gb Ram and we want to declare a buffer_pool of 2,5 Gb but the server don't start with this configuration. The error message says:

"Innodb: Error: cannot allocat 2048452902 bytes of memory with malloc. Total allocated memory by Innodb: 16990020 bytes."

We know the limit of 2 Gb per process on Windows systems and looking information at the mysql forums we found that the variable innodb_buffer_pool_size_awe_mem_mb we can declare 2,5 Gb (for example) and in the innodb_buffer_pool_size 500 Mb, ok, that's right !

We try it ... and the server don't start. The error say:

InnoDB: Error: You have specified innodb_buffer_pool_awe_mem_mb
InnoDB: in my.cnf, but AWE can only be used in Windows 2000 and later.
InnoDB: To use AWE, InnoDB must be compiled with __WIN2000__ defined.

We look for information again at the mysql forums and we see that is necesary work with a MySql version compiled with the __WIN2000__ flag, the 4.1.15 is ok

(look at:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6581)

We try with 4.1.15 version, and it goes wrong again, the same message:

InnoDB: Error: You have specified innodb_buffer_pool_awe_mem_mb
InnoDB: in my.cnf, but AWE can only be used in Windows 2000 and later.
InnoDB: To use AWE, InnoDB must be compiled with __WIN2000__ defined.

I don't know what is the problem now. I configure the innodb awe variable, I use the right version of MySql Server ... and we continue without start the server.

Anybody know what is the problem ? Version 4.1.15 is really compiled with __WIN2000__ flag ? Another binary server ?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cannot use innodb_buffer_pool great than 1,5Gb
November 29, 2005 05:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.