MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: InnoDB corruption, "table ... doesn't exist"
Posted by: Brian Edwards
Date: January 23, 2018 01:32PM

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately there are two issues:

01. I am not a database administrator or expert in any way, especially not with MySQL. Microsoft SQL Server I can work with, been doing that for 15 years. With MySQL I am more dangerous than anything.

02. I've already been through all three of those links multiple times and, because of 01 above, I understand very little about what they are trying to tell me.

The stackoverflow.com link didn't help me because nothing has been moved and that thread specifically deals with a Data directory that has been moved. Also almost everything in there related to "try this" deals with MySQL on Linux. Mine is a Windows server.

Troubleshooting Data Dictionary doc ... when I try to CREATE TABLE for one of the tables that are said to not exist I get the error message "Table ... doesn't exist". That is when trying to CREATE the table. Which makes no sense to me. It can't create a table that doesn't exist because the table doesn't already exist? What in the world ...

Going through the stackexchange.com link now. Had not come across that one yet.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: InnoDB corruption, "table ... doesn't exist"
January 23, 2018 01:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.