MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Upgrading MySQL 5.7 to 8.x on Windows Datadir path ignored
Posted by: Thomas Behrens
Date: April 30, 2020 05:54AM

I tried a lot but without success. I'm using MySQL 5.7 installed in Default dir C:\ I moved the datadirectory to drive D:\Programme\MySQL\Data
Everyting fine with 5.7

After upgrading to 8.0 I cannot start.
- I tried MySQL Installer
- I tried replace the bin dir.
- I tried 3 days with several hints from the web

[System] [MY-010116] [Server] C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqld.exe (mysqld 8.0.20) starting as process 17400
[Warning] [MY-010091] [Server] Can't create test file C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data\mysqld_tmp_file_case_insensitive_test.lower-test
[Warning] [MY-010091] [Server] Can't create test file C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data\mysqld_tmp_file_case_insensitive_test.lower-test
[ERROR] [MY-013276] [Server] Failed to set datadir to 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data\' (OS errno: 2 - No such file or directory)

Of course directory "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data\" is not existing. In my my.ini I have the datadir Option datadir="D:/Programme/MySQL/Data"
But this option is ignored.

Thanks for you help
Thomas

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Upgrading MySQL 5.7 to 8.x on Windows Datadir path ignored
April 30, 2020 05:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.