MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

events_statements_history_long.SQL_TEXT mostly empty
Posted by: Yair Poleg
Date: January 09, 2023 11:27PM

Hi!

I recently noticed that the SQL_TEXT column on the performance_schema.events_statements_history_long is mostly empty, except for a few queries calling store procedures. The DIGEST_TEXT column is always populated for all kinds of queries (select/insert/update), but not the SQL_TEXT.

I've checked the following:
1. performance_schema.setup_instruments --> all entries matching "statement/%" are enabled.

2. performance_schema.setup_consumers --> events_statements_history_long is enabled.

3. The events_statements_history_long size was set to 10000. I also increased it to 200000, still didn't help.

More info:
1. We are using MySQL v8.0.31 on AWS RDS.

2. In the past, when we were on version 8.0.19, it seemed to have worked as expected. We had tons of SQL_TEXT for all kinds of queries (select/insert/update etc).

3. Are we using prepared statements? not so much. Even when I issue a query through a simple SQL client, I can see a new entry on the table, but the SQL_TEXT column is empty (the DIGEST_TEXT, of course, is populated as expected).

Any ideas about what changed between 8.0.19 and 8.0.31 and how can we get the SQL_TEXT column populated as it used to be?

Thanks,
Yair

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
events_statements_history_long.SQL_TEXT mostly empty
January 09, 2023 11:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.