MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: How to speed up the answer time ?
Posted by: Jörg Nowak
Date: January 12, 2005 10:09AM

>I am not sure if your question is if you can have several query nodes (mysqld) in a >cluster in general (you can)
>or if it is appropriate to run several mysqld processes on the same machine? If you >you don't have a multi-CPU
>machine, then running more than one mysqld probably costs more in context >switching than you will gain in better
>utilization of the cluster. Having several query nodes connect to a cluster (preferably >from different machines)
>normally gives you better utilization of the cluster since the mysqld often become the >botlleneck. You can determine this
>by looking at the CPU-load, if the mysqld is using a lot of CPU-time and the storage >nodes (ndbd processes) are
>using very little CPU-time you probably have more performance you can tap into >through additional query nodes.

Thank you for your answer.
In the meantime we got more experiences with the performance issues.
Now I solved the bottleneck mysqld by using one mysqld on each machine. But of course the mysqld is still a bottleneck itself.
Now I can ask more specific: Can I use more than one mysqld on each machine (each has 2 CPU). In our cluster only one mysqld is there but the thread concurrency parameter is ten ?

Joerg Nowak

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
January 11, 2005 02:27AM
January 12, 2005 04:39AM
Re: How to speed up the answer time ?
January 12, 2005 10:09AM
January 12, 2005 01:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.