MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Difficulties with ndb_mgmd process
Posted by: cmhowe
Date: March 16, 2005 05:05PM

Hi,

I had originally set up a cluster on two machines, where one machine had both a management node and a MySQL node, and the other machine just had a storage node. The cluster appeared to be functional. The two machines were then restarted without having shutdown the cluster. Also, their internal IP's were changed, due to a new domain.

I then tried setting up a cluster on 3 machines (2 of which were from the previous set up), where one machine had just the management node (same machine in prev set up), and the other two machines both had a storage node and a MySQL node. I performed all the necessary installation/configuration steps, but when I tried to use the SHOW command inside of the ndb_mgm management node client, I get a 'unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=0, 192.168.2.107:1186. This is no longer a valid internal IP, and somehow still remains from the previous cluster I had setup. Attempting to shutdown the ndb_mgmd process and the cluster using 'ndb_mgm -e shutdown' yields a similar error. What can I do to remedy this ? All config files have been updated with the new internal IP's. Is there another way of shutting down the ndb_mgmd process ? I would appreciate any help.

thx,
Colin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Difficulties with ndb_mgmd process
March 16, 2005 05:05PM
March 16, 2005 07:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.