MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: FULLTEXT Indexes in 5.x beta?
Posted by: Jonathan Stephens
Date: April 26, 2005 07:09PM

The development roadmap was recently updated to include transfer of the FULLTEXT search engine from MyISAM to the server proper in MySQL 5.1. Addition of functionality for accessing the new, centralised FULLTEXT capability to the NDBCluster engine (and to the MyISAM and InnoDB engines as well, of course) is now also tasked for 5.1. These changes will also make it easier to implement FULLTEXT for other MySQL storage engines in future.

I think we are looking at a 5.0 release the middle of this year and then possibly 5.1 at the end of the year. (Do not take this as an official announcement, it's not my job to make those, and so this just represents my best guess, okay?) Until FULLTEXT is available for NDBCluster, you might be able to use a MyISAM table and replicate that to another machine. Replication is not my area of expertise and you're better off asking questions related to that in the appropriate forum area, but I don't see why using it would involve an entire day's worth of downtime.

Jon Stephens
MySQL Documentation Team @ Oracle

MySQL Dev Zone
MySQL Server Documentation
Oracle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
April 05, 2005 05:31PM
Re: FULLTEXT Indexes in 5.x beta?
April 26, 2005 07:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.