MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: How to create table data on disk rather then in memory
Posted by: Jitender Singh
Date: October 07, 2016 01:29AM

Hi Jon,

Thank you for sharing the documentation link, I have gone through it and as per link, we have to create log_group and assign one or more undo log file to that, create tablespace and assign log file( created in log_group section) and also add one or more data files to that tablespace.

After performing above steps, every create table statement should have tablespace <tablespace_name> (created in above statement) with STORAGE DISK option and with engine NDBCLUSTER clause.

And all the above steps need to be executed from SQL node on MySQL> prompt

Please correct me.

If all the above steps are correct then I have some question.

1. Do we have parameters so that we can put in configuration file to avoid running all these on MySQL prompt? for eg we can put default_storage_engine=NDBCLUSTER in our my.cnf file. Do we have any parameter for storage disk, undo log file, tablespace.

2. if I do not follow above steps (create logfile,tablspace), so every table that will be create by application or manually will reside on memory irrespective of table has non-index coloumn.

3. Let say I have created these files and data are getting stored on disk and something goes wrong and I need to restart my SQL node server. Will that tablespace, logfile which we have created using SQL statement be remain? Or we need to create again after restarting SQL node?

Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jitender

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How to create table data on disk rather then in memory
October 07, 2016 01:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.