MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: How to create table data on disk rather then in memory
Posted by: Jitender Singh
Date: October 09, 2016 02:41PM

Hi Jon,

I got my answer of 1 & 3 questions.

Ans 1. Yes, we do have parameter to put in config file. For creating log group and assign logfile name. Creating tablespace and assign data file and log group.

FileSystemPathDD - MySQL Cluster Disk Data data files and undo log files are placed in the indicated directory.

FileSystemPathDataFiles - MySQL Cluster Disk Data data files are placed in the indicated directory.

FileSystemPathUndoFiles - MySQL Cluster Disk Data undo log files are placed in the indicated directory

Ans 3. InitialLogFileGroup & InitialTablespace - These two parameters will start the cluster for the first time—to cause a Disk Data log file group, tablespace, or both, to be created without the use of SQL statements.

for eg :

InitialLogFileGroup = name=LG1; undo_buffer_size=128M; undo1.log:250M; undo2.log:150M

InitialTablespace = name=TS1; extent_size=8M; data1.dat:2G; data2.dat:4G

Here again I have question, the log file and data file will grow only till the size we specified, What if my log file or data file will expected to grow more then that.

If I have to set for 1TB of database size?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 02:54PM by Jitender Singh.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How to create table data on disk rather then in memory
October 09, 2016 02:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.